Sunday, 5 February 2012

Illamasqua - Milf: Mani Options

I recently reviewed Illamasqua's Milf and decided to try a few manicure options and show you the outcome.

The mint/chocolate combo seems to be a popular one but I decided to stay away from something that would make me hungry every time I looked at my hands. As I don't own a lot of pastel colours, the traditional choices were also out of the equation, so I had a look at my collection and came up with the following alternatives:

Click to enlarge
Thumb - OPI Glitzerland

I had envisaged an antique gold on my tip but as I don't particularly like gold, the only one that I had was Glitzerland from the Swiss collection. It actually looks a lot nicer than I thought, and makes me feel like wearing gold, which is an achievement in itself.

Index finger - OPI Jade Is The New Black

I love this colour! Sadly, it's too much of a safe combination; it looks alright but doesn't get me very excited.

Middle finger - OPI Dim Sum Plum

I think these two shades go really well together. Very pretty and feminine without being boring. This is the closest to a pink that I have.

Ring finger - Nicole by OPI I'm a Belieber

I'm not really a "Belieber" but this has got to be one of my favourite Nicole nail varnishes. How pretty does this look? The winner by a country mile! It reminds me of my daughter's bedroom so it's even more special to me.

Little finger - OPI Ski Teal We Drop

This colour is very nice indeed, but for some reason the combination did not turn out as I had imagined.  I was torn between this shade and Suzi Likes Feng Shui. In hindsight, that might have worked better as this teal is far too dark.

Have you tried any of these before? What combination works best for you?

2 comments:

  1. No hay ninguna combinación que me disguste. Mi preferida obvio es la violeta porque adoro ese color y además vi fotos tuyas con ese Nicole y me encantó, pero el dorado y el verde le van atrás cerquita

    ReplyDelete
  2. El dorado me sorprendió, pero el violeta es divino! Además, el cuarto de mi hija tiene las paredes en un verde parecido y una alfombrita lila divina :-)

    ReplyDelete