Thursday 14 March 2013

Layla Hologram Effect - 08 Flash Black

Blogging is becoming increasingly difficult with a 3-year-old and a 3-month-old, but I could not have this stunning nail varnish on without sharing it with all my readers. Beware, this post is picture heavy!

Red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue... I am mesmerised by the rainbows on my nails. I think I've fallen in love with this charcoal grey holo!

I tried it on with OPI Ridge Filler as a base coat first. Oh, what a horrible mess that was! So I had another go yesterday with OPI RF (as it is a very unforgiving polish) and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri as a base, then applied three coats of Layla HE Flash Black very lightly, allowing each to dry for a couple of minutes, and no top coat. The afternoon sun brought it to life in a big way, see for yourselves below:


Gorgeousness such as this comes at a price: adding a top coat turns it into a pretty underwhelming scattered holo at best. So if you want to make a statement on a sunny day, you need to paint your nails on the same day - I have noticed tip wear after less than 24 hours, which is a huge shame indeed!

5 comments:

  1. i love this holo! its so intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab, isn't it? The photos don't do it justice!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I've just bought color club beyond. They look quite similar from the photos xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond looks nice too! I think all nail polish collectors love holos :-)

      Delete
  3. I started collecting nail polishes when I found about holos :p. This color looks super nice, but I've read everywhere that Layla's polishes don't last long :(
    Can you describe what a tip wear looks like? For a non-native english speaker :)
    Beautiful post!
    Maika (argentina)

    ReplyDelete