Animal print is really not my thing, but I fancied something patterned and quick enough to do while my baby is asleep. This design is intentionally irregular so I could do it with ease, even on my right hand.
As I was in a hurry I didn't take photos of each step. I'll describe them below, in case you want to do it at home.
- My nails with base Save The Nail Eau So Hydrated Base Coat
- My nails with my base colour, Nubar Classic Camel
- Irregular spots using Models Own Pro Fall Brown (the brush tip is enough, no additional tools are required)
- I then partially framed some of those spots and added new ones using Andrea Fulerton Dot & Flick in black, but you can do this with a thin brush and any black polish
- I sealed everything with two coats of Save The Nail 45 Second Topcoat (If you look carefully, you will notice that it dragged some of the black, but as this design is very irregular it didn't actually bother me for once!)
As it was very easy, I went a little bit crazy and did my 3-year-old daughter's and my friend's teenage daughters' nails too! I've had it on since Saturday and I must say it's growing on me.
Have you done animal print designs before? Will you be having a go?