Saturday 20 July 2013

Colour Block Nail Art

I recently took part in an "Invisible Friend" gift exchange, which would be like a Secret Santa only not at Christmas. Carolina, the lovely lady who was given my name, sent me, among other things, a Naughty Nautical trio of Essie polishes which luckily I didn't already own. How great is that?!

I was so excited to try my new summery shades, I decided to use them all at the same time!


This mani is 100% Essie: I started with Nourish Me, followed by two coats of Blanc and one of Good to Go.


Then I placed some striping tape to create the patterns and used Naughty Nautical, Full Steam Ahead and Sunday Funday in random places.


I removed the tape with tweezers and finished off with another coat of Good To Go.


It's not a difficult mani but it requires a lot of patience as the base colour needs to be completely dry and striping tape can be fiddly.

I am pleased with the overall look. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment