Friday 12 July 2013

Marimekko Nail Art

In a bid to stop buying more polishes and start using what I already have, I recently got Nail Candy by California-based sisters Donne & Ginny Geer. I really like their book, it has given me lots of ideas on top of the designs described by them, and I attempted their Marimekko mani for the first time today.


I used Essie Blanc, Color Club Endless Summer and OPI Bullish on OPI, plus a Nubar black striper. The design required a lot of precision so I had to start over on a couple of nails. I love the monochrome stripes and touches of colour on this mani.



I managed to do it while my girls were being extremely well behaved and was quite pleased with the results until I noticed some bubbling on the photos.


Marimekko is a Finnish design company, and when I think of Finland I think of the lovely Moomins cops a friend of mine brought us from her home country. I've never been to visit her in Finland, I hope I can one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment