Tuesday 14 February 2012

Review & Mani Options: Nicole by OPI - Step 2 the Beat of my ♥

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I've decided to do the deed and post something cheesy and romantic today. So picking up from yesterday's post, I am bringing you another installment of the Justin Bieber inspired collection: One Less Lonely Girl.


Step 2 the Beat of my ♥ is made of a clear base with micro glitter and pink/purple metallic/holographic hearts. It can be tricky to apply as it's a bit thick in consistency and you need to fish out the hearts to ensure you don't just get a lot of glitter. I can't really see myself wearing this in public, but today's the perfect excuse to show it to all of you.

I applied it here over two coats of I'm a Belieber, for your viewing pleasure:


Click to enlarge
As it's Valentine's Day and hearts are everywhere, I came up with a few other combinations. All of the below are two coats of Step 2 the Beat of my ♥ over different alternatives:

Thumb - Nicole by OPI Canadian Star

I love this duochrome from the same collection. This is three coats for opacity. The hearts are a bit lost, don't you think?

Index finger - OPI Play the Peonies

I'm not into these really light shades, but I think it's the perfect background for the hearts, as it's feminine, delicate and it's not competing for attention. It looks better in person, when the light catches the hearts and makes them stand out a bit more. This is two coats.

Middle finger - OPI Dim Sum Plum

I love this colour, and it looks nice and bright. Very youthful! Only two coats are enough.

Ring finger - Nicole by OPI I've got Bieber Fever

Another great combination, even if it's a bit of a Bieber overdose! I like how the metallic hearts stand out in the dark background. I might get away with it if it's on one finger only. This is two coats too.

Little finger - OPI The Color to Watch

This colour is actually quite close to Canadian Star, but not as textured. I needed three coats for opacity and the hearts did not look great in it.

Once a Belieber, always a Belieber? A word of warning: even pure acetone won't shift these hearts easily! I removed the polish and just picked them off in the end.

Will you be attempting any of these looks today?

Click to enlarge

Brand: Nicole by OPI
Collection: One Less Lonely Girl
Name: Step 2 the Beat of my ♥
Type: Glitter
Pantone equivalent: N/A
Make Up Alley rating: 3.3/5
Potential dupes: Haven't seen any yet!
Buy it from eBay, if you see it, as it's become a rare nail polish!

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400/800 - indoors - no flash - overcast

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me alegro :-) Es algo diferente para una ocasión especial; queda divertido con las uñas multicolores, ¿no?

      Delete
  2. Estan re lindas... :) Tengo unos gliters con corazones muy parecidos pero de otra marca... que lástima no se me ocurrió usarlos hoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No me animé a salir a la calle así... ¡cuando mi hija sea más grande se las pinto a ella y listo! :-)

      Delete