Thursday 29 March 2012

Nails Inc - Fenchurch Street

If you read this blog regularly, you are probably aware that I prefer dark colours. Autumn and Winter are therefore the seasons when my favourite collections come out. Today I will be sharing with you some photos I took a couple of weeks ago, before Spring was officially here.

Last year's Nails Inc set of four nail varnishes was named after London train stations. I managed to pick it up at a reasonable price towards the end of last month and was very pleased with the shades:

L to R: Charing Cross, Paddington, St Pancras & Fenchurch Street
Click to enlarge
I will review the first one from right to left, Fenchurch Street. Not only is this my favourite colour of the set, the name also brings memories of my first few years in the capital, when I had to commute via that station.

This is a lovely orange/camel creme. It's not like any other colour I have, which makes it pretty special. It goes on smoothly, dries true to the bottle and has excellent coverage. I applied two coats but one might be enough.

I can see that this might not be everyone's cup of tea but I am a fan. Are you?

Click to enlarge

Brand: Nails Inc
Collection: AW 2011
Name: Fenchurch Street
Type: Creme
Colour: Orange/Camel
Pantone equivalent: 1535
Make Up Alley rating: N/A
Potential dupes: Haven't found any online.
Buy the set from Look Fantastic £19.99

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
2 x Nails Inc Fenchurch Street
1 x Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400 - indoors - no flash - daylight

14 comments:

  1. Me gustó! Esto es un poco adictivo te voy a decir, desde que hablé con vos el otro día ya adquirí como 4 colores nuevos y un base y un top coat. Igual creo que me voy a quedar en el amateurismo, y dejar a las pro que saquen fotos y publiquen para el regocijo de sus fans ;) Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, así se empieza! Me encanta que estés experimentando, me siento realizada :-) Mandá fotos!

      Delete
  2. Está super lindo... es un naranja muy original... :)
    Te quedan re bien esos colores... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! No sé si es "lindo" pero a mí me gusta... es original, sin duda!

      Delete
  3. a mi me gusto! es muy lindo color y creo que me pegaria con todo el guardarropa otoñal que tira a los camel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exacto! Pega con los camel sin ser muy claro ni muy parecido a la piel (bueno, al menos éste no se parece a mi piel!). No sé si lo venderán sólo pero supongo que sí :-)

      Delete
  4. Precioso! Que buen color, super original, me gustaria animarme a tonos asi como este, o Trendsetter de China Glaze.. Ya salté una barrera con Mochachino de Essie no?
    No conocia mucho de esta marca, sólo sus famosos magnéticos, estos cremosos me gustaron todos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabés qué pensaba? Que OPI tiene uno que se llama Dulce de Leche y es muy clarito y rosado, mientras que éste me hace acordar a los DDL más claritos... o por ahí son mis ganas de comer delicias argentinas :-)

      Animate!!

      Delete
  5. Es un color muy original, pero yo no se si lo usaria! No me animo a saltar la barrera, como hizo Julie jaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salten, chicas, salten! Pero no muy alto por las dudas :-)

      Delete
  6. Para mi es de los colores que se los veo puestos a otra persona y me gustan, pero no me gustarian con mi color de piel... Super otoñal! La calidad excelente, no? No tengo ninguno de esa marca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, es como las hojas crujientes en el piso... ahhh, qué lindo es ese sonido! Me gustó la fórmula pero me duran menos que otros.

      Delete